Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Health Care Reform

As a health care professional in the United States I am not sure exactly what my opinion is about Obama's new health care bill. Like everyone I am very confused by how it will work and what the ramifications will be for people like myself and for the average citizen who simply wants to receive quality healthcare at an affordable price. The bill went through so many changes and at 2000 pages long I don't think I am going to read it anytime soon. However, I am thoroughly disgusted by the people who are against it because of increases in taxes and/or the harm it will supposedly to the nation's debt. Where were all of these people when the nation decided to fund the needless war on terror? Invading Iraq still remains one of the greatest mysteries to the general public. The Iraqui goverment had nothing to do with 9/11 nor did we ever find evidence of weapons of mass destruction. Yet our former President forged us into further debt by spending billions on a war that really has turned into an absolute mess. Personally, I would rather see lawmakers gamble with the national budget by providing health care for millions of people who can't afford it. Whether the health care system is going to crumble because of poor care under this bill is pure speculation but from what I understand this isn't a national health plan like Canada so maybe everyone needs to calm down and just wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment