Sunday, July 11, 2010

Different

I think I am finally accepting the fact that things are simply DIFFERENT here in Florida than Chicago. Life is just different. People are different. Culture is different. The climate is different. The differences aren't good or bad. I think I have been trying to hard to determine which differences were positive and which were negative and which were neutral. Basically I have been over analyzing everything as I normally do when the easiest answer to my questions is that life is different for me than it was one year ago. That's all. Just different. And luckily I seem to be adapting quite well to my different surroundings.

Dating remains to be a difficult task.....or should I say different? Nah! Gay men are fucked up no matter where you go! LOL. Well, one thing that is different is that I am not only single but I have no friends-with-benefits or anyone I could even consider calling for a booty call....and definitely no one to actually date! I would say that I am lonely in that sense but I think loneliness is more of a state of mind. People can be married for 20 years and feel lonely. I am very content.....even if I am living like a celibate nun. If anything I am very proud to say that I don't feel the least bit desperate. I have met a handful of losers down here already and even though it would have been easy to put up with their shit just to say I am in a relationship, I didn't see the point. I guess I still have too much self-respect. Thank god that is one thing that isn't "different"!

The past week has been challenging at work as I picked up 5 days on the night shift. I have learned two things by doing this.

1. I could never do night shift full time.
2. I am turning into a kick-ass pharmacist after being out of school only 10 months.


So I feel good. Yes I do! And this is a song (Annagrace formerly known as Ian Van Dahl) that is making me feel good lately (along with many others but I shall dedicate a post to music another day).....


Love keeps calling my heart indeed...but where is it taking me?

No comments:

Post a Comment