Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Cuidáte mucho! :(

Well July has turned into another crazy and busy month. I will post more information about my recent trip to NYC and a day with the boys in South Beach but right now I am writing because I just found out that a friend of mine who I had met a few months ago was just deported.

I don't understant the immigration laws in this country because I am not an immigrant. I still don't completely understand the circumstances surrounding his deportation but nevertheless he was the first guy I have met in Florida that I felt any sort of attraction to. We spent a ridiculous amount of time together considering most of the other guys i had met never made it past the first date. I still have his toothbrush in my bathroom for when he used to stay the night. I don't want to throw it away :(

Honestly, I doubt anything meaningful would have come from our brief time together. Too much (apparently!) was going on in this boy's life. Nevertheless meeting him reminded me that I am not completly bitter and cold. I am very much capable of being affectionate and have some sort of romance in my life. Ironically, I think this is also a sign that I need to stop rushing my love life. In fact, now that there is definite closure with this situation, I am deciding to stay away from dating and men altogether. It may sound silly or rather extreme but quite honestly, the added free time in my schedule can be used to do more productive activities. I don't know when I will be ready to venture back in the dating world but right now I am very content with being alone.

I don't feel sorry for myself. I do feel sorry for my friend. Granted he was here illegally, it must be hard to be ripped from a life you have created and be forced to leave your family and friends. My one consolation is that he has a very big family back home that will be able to help him....and who knows, maybe one day he will come back. Nevertheless, I wish him the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment