Sunday, July 4, 2010

Mr. Independent



Today has been the crummiest Fourth of July. It has not stopped raining since I woke up. I gotten so spoiled buy the non-stop sunshine that when I finally experience a day of nothing but gloom and rain it is quite depressing! Fortunately the rest of the weekend was not as depressing. I had two good nights out in Fort Lauderdale with new friends. I also caught up on sleep and housework. A co-worker of mine invited me over for dinner too. It was quite lovely!

The upcoming week promises to either be a refreshing change of pace or a complete nightmare. I somehow let myself get talked into working the night shift (9pm to 7:30am) starting this Wednesday for a 5 day stretch. Hmmmmm.....I have never really done third shift for several days in a row. I am hoping my sleep schedule doesn't get thrown out of whack. Because of this slight change of plans I have also decided to postpone yet again my search for a 2nd job. I suppose with an upcoming trip to NYC and another trip to Chicago in August, now isn't a good time anyways.

As for the title of my post, obviously it has to do with the holiday. More importantly though, I am coming to the realization that the changes I so desperately wanted to make in my life after leaving Chicago didn't depend on anyone else but myself. I have recently found myself looking to others to find my way down here in Florida. This is completely out of character for me and I had to remind myself today that my happiness depends on me, myself and I. Placing my future in the hands of anyone else is always a mistake. So having said that, Mr. Independent is going to go out and do some socializing this rainy Sunday night to celebrate the USA's birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment